St. Laurent Ried Goldberg 2020
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 18 years
- St. Laurent
- The grapes for this wine come from the Goldberg vineyard site, a cooler area on the Parndorf Plain facing away from Lake Neusiedl, with red, ferrous, heavy gravel soils on Tertiary sediments.
- Following yield reduction to 8 bunches per vine, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 22 September.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 20 months, bottled on 04 october 2022
- Tasting notes:
- Powerful, dark ruby red colour with a pale edge; intense nose of sour cherry and cherries with a hint of blackberries with discreet herbal spiciness; fleshy, sappy and and stringent on the palate with lingering berry fruit, good, fine tannin texture and tension, slight notes of liquorice; long-lasting on the finish (11 January 2023)
- Alcohol content13.5% alc/volResidual sugar1.6 g/lTotal acidity5.1 g/l