93/100Falstaff2 PlatzBurgenland Award 20215/5 GläserWein Guide Rot&Süss 2022
Ried Ungerberg 2017
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 48 years
- The grapes for this wine come from Ungerberg, our best vineyard situated on a southwest slope facing towards Lake Neusiedl. The parent soil is formed by sea sediments that are around 7 million years old. The soil consists of silty loam, includes precipitated lime in numerous places and contains a high amount of limestone. These characteristics and the special microclimate in this vineyard are ideal for concentrated, complex red wines.
- Following yield reduction to 10 half-bunches per vine, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 22 September.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation in an open vat, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 24 months, bottled on 13 March 2020
- Tasting notes:
- Deep, dark ruby red colour with a light rim; mineral, multi-layered and complex fruit aromas of dark mountain cranberry, elderberry and cherry with discreet hints of Amarena cherry on the nose; very fruity and multi-layered, compact and structured on the palate, with an stringent tannin texture and very long-lasting finish (9 March 2021)
- Alcohol content13.5% alc/volResidual sugar1.7 g/lTotal acidity5,1 g/l