merlot ried goldberg 2020
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 19 years
- The grapes for this wine come from the Goldberg vineyard site, a cooler area on the Parndorf Plain facing away from Lake Neusiedl, with red, ferrous, heavy gravel soils on Tertiary sediments.
- Following yield reduction to 8 bunches per vine, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 02 October.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation in an open vat, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 20 months, bottled on 04 October 2022
- Tasting notes:
- Strong dark ruby red colour; very intense scent of blackcurrants and blackberries with a hint of heart cherry; the palate persistently fruity, juicy, fleshy and soft, with a stringent ripe tannin texture and very long-lasting finish (11 January 2023)
- Alcohol content14.0 % alc/volResidual sugar1.2 g/lTotal acidity4.5 g/l