merlot ried goldberg 2019
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 18 years
- The grapes for this wine come from the Goldberg vineyard site, a cooler area on the Parndorf Plain facing away from Lake Neusiedl, with red, ferrous, heavy gravel soils on Tertiary sediments.
- Following yield reduction to 8 bunches per vine, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 20 September.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation in an open vat, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 18 months, bottled on 17 November 2021
- Tasting notes:
- Strong deep dark ruby red colour; very intense scent of blackcurrants and blackberries; the palate: fruity, juicy, fleshy, rich, with a strong ripe tannin texture and very long-lasting finish (04 November 2021)
- Alcohol content13.5% alc/volResidual sugar1.5 g/lTotal acidity4.9 g/l