Blaufränkisch Ried Ungerberg 2016
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 22 years
- The grapes for this wine come from Ungerberg, our best vineyard situated on a southwest slope facing towards Lake Neusiedl. The parent soil is formed by sea sediments that are around 7 million years old. The soil consists of silty loam, includes precipitated lime in numerous places and contains a high amount of limestone. These characteristics and the special microclimate in this vineyard are ideal for concentrated, complex red wines.
- Following yield reduction to 6 bunches per vine, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 1 October.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 18 months, bottled on 12 October 2018
- Tasting notes:
- Deep, dark garnet red colour with a light rim; cool minerality and intense fruit of blackcurrant and mountain cranberry on the nose; the fruit flavours continue on the palate, with a very compact, sappy and fleshy tannin texture and discreet liquorice on the long-lasting finish (25 October 2018)
- Alkohol content14.0% alc/volResidual sugar1.0 g/lTotal acidity5.5 g/l
Out of stock