1st placeRot-Goldene TraubeGOLD/93pointsWein Burgenland Award 2023WinnerAustrian Wide Award 2023 Koblenz5/5 glassesWEIN GUIDE
Blaufränkisch Ried Altenberg 2019
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 20 years
- The grapes for this wine come from the Altenberg vineyard site situated on a southwest slope facing towards Lake Neusiedl. The parent soil is formed by sea sediments that are around 7 million years old. At the upper part of the slope, red, ferrous gravel overlays the sediments, whereas the lower part of the slope features silt and loam. Precipitated lime in numerous places and limy soils are special characteristics of Altenberg.
- Following yield reduction to 6 bunches per vine, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 21 September.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation in an open vat, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 24 months, bottled on 16. March 2022
- Tasting notes:
- Deep, dark ruby red; intense fruit of ripe autumn raspberry, heart cherry and sour cherry on the nose; the palate presents itself with elegant opulence, subtle cinnamon and mocha notes, as well as clove spice and a stringent fleshy tannin texture, very long-lasting (15 June 22)
- Alcohol content14.0% alc/volResidual sugar1.5 g/lTotal acidity5.1 g/l