Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- 5 to 25 years
- Zweigelt 55% - Blaufränkisch 30% - Cabernet Sauvignon 15%
- Zweigelt from the Goldberg vineyard site and Blaufränkisch from the Altenberg vineyard site form the complex structure of this wine that reflects the multi-layeredness of the soils of the individual vineyards, ferrous red gravel and precipitated lime in Tertiary sediments. Cabernet comes from the Ungerberg and Altenberg vineyard sites situated on a southwest slope with limy soils of sand and loam and a special microclimate, providing for maximum concentration and ripeness.
- Following yield reduction to 5 to 6 bunches per vine, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 01 September, and 01 and 07 October.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 24 months, bottled on 30 april 2019, bottle-aged for 9 months
- Tasting notes:
- dark ruby red colour with a pale rim; slightly vegetal with clear black cherry and blackberry fruit and a touch of blackcurrant; the clear fruit aromas continue on the palate, complemented by liquorice and clove spiciness; fruity, fleshy and structured, with precise, ripe tannins and very discreet toast aromas on the finish (04 February 2020)
- Alcohol content14.0% alc/volResidual sugar1.0 g/lTotal acidity5.2 g/l