Roter Traminer Ried Edelgrund 2020
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 25 years
- Roter Traminer
- The grapes for this wine come from the Edelgrund vineyard site, which is situated in the Heideboden region and has been part of Gols since the early 16th century, when it belonged to a nobleman (“Edelmann”), hence the name of this vineyard. Permeable black earth that heats easily and limy brown earth on gravel ridges are the characteristic soils of this area.
- Following yield reduction, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 23 September.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, 5 days’ mash fermentation time, controlled fermentation in previously used large barrique barrels, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 9 months, bottled on 03 August 2021
- Tasting notes:
- Bright, shiny straw yellow colour; fragrance of rose blossoms, ripe pears and white pepper on the nose; the fruitiness continues on the palate with intense aromas of pineapple, pear and white peach, very sappy, lively and very long-lasting on the finish (23 July 2021)
- Alcohol content13.5% alc/volResidual sugar1.0 g/lTotal acidity4.6 g/l