5/5 glassesWEIN GUIDE
Cabernet Sauvignon Ried Kalbskopf 2019
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 23 years
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- The grapes for this wine come from Kalbskopf vineyard site situated on a southwest slope with silty loam soils formed from Tertiary sediments. The special characteristic of Kalbskopf is its protected location in the middle of Gols and the resulting microclimate.
- Following yield reduction, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 30 September.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation in an open vat, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 24 months, bottled on 16. March 2022
- Tasting notes:
- Dark garnet-vermilion red colour with a light rim; intense fruit of currant and elder, as well blackberries on the nose; the fruitiness continues on the palate, supported by a very firm backbone of tannins and subtle, salty liquorice notes; very long-lasting and delicate on the finish (15 June 2022)
- Alcohol content13.5% alc/volResidual sugar1.0 g/lTotal acidity5.9 g/l