Cabernet Sauvignon Ried Kalbskopf 2017
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- Up to 21 years
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- The grapes for this wine come from Kalbskopf vineyard site situated on a southwest slope with silty loam soils formed from Tertiary sediments. The special characteristic of Kalbskopf is its protected location in the middle of Gols and the resulting microclimate.
- Following yield reduction, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 6 October.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation, malolactic fermentation, bâtonnage, matured in barrique barrels for 18 months, bottled on 4 October 2019
- Tasting notes:
- Dark garnet-vermilion red colour; intense fruit of blackcurrant, blackberry and elderberry on the nose; the fruitiness continues on the palate, supported by a very firm backbone of tannins and fine notes of chocolate; very long-lasting and delicate on the finish (24 October 2019)
- Alcohol content14.0% alc/volResidual sugar1.0 g/lTotal acidity4.8 g/l