Blauer Zweigelt Ried Edelgrund 2018
Includes 20% MwSt.
- Age of the vines:
- 5 to 25 years
- The grapes for this wine come from the Edelgrund vineyard site, which is situated in the Heideboden region and has been part of Gols since the early 16th century, when it belonged to a nobleman (“Edelmann”), hence the name of this vineyard. It is characterised by warm, permeable soils of gravel and black earth, which are ideally suited for the Zweigelt variety.
- Following yield reduction to 9 bunches per vine, the grapes were carefully selected and harvested by hand on 7 September.
- Selection of the grapes, gentle processing, controlled mash fermentation, malolactic fermentation, matured in large wooden barrels and previously used barrique barrels for 12 months, bottled on 6 December 2019
- Tasting notes:
- Deep, dark ruby red colour with pale violet rim; intense, compact cherry, blueberry and blackberry fruit aromas that continue on the palate; abounding, fleshy, very sappy and soft, velvety tannins giving good length on the finish (14 October 2019)
- Alcohol content12.0% alc/volResidual sugar1.0 g/lTotal acidity4.9 g/l